Accurate patient records and documentation should be an essential part of every health and social care practitioners’ professional practice. Too often they are vague and abbreviated, even sloppy, which not only affects patient care but also impacts on any future legal action, Inquest or Inquiry.
This one-day course will provide health and social care professionals with a guide to excellent record keeping principles to govern day-to-day practice.
- Recognise the importance of patient records and documentation and how they may be used in the future
- Practical guidance on excellent record keeping
- Enable managers to assist their staff in producing unfamiliar documents, including statements, with confidence
- Introduction to the 3 critiquing tools to maintain accurate record keeping
- Basic oral evidence presentation skills